This tour offers the best highlights of Lake Titicaca: Uros Floating Islands, Taquile Island, Aramu Muru and Silustani. Travelers will go home fully satisfied to have had this incomparable experience. A tour designed to bring you inside the culture of the people of Lake Titicaca. Beautiful landscapes, snow cap mountains, a majestic boat ride on the highest lake in the World.
- During your 3 nights in Lake Titicaca, you will be staying right by its magical waters. Top hotels with excellent views of the lake to help you connect and relax to this beautiful place.
- Savor delicious gourmet options at a buffet 5-star restaurant featuring the best fresh vegetables and fruits grown in the area of Puno. Enjoy a very unique and flavorful dinner by the fire in a relaxing and soothing ambiance.
- During your stay at the Lake, you will visit The Sacred Sites of Silustani and Aramu Muru. Two very special and unique places that show the magnificence of the Inca Culture.
- A Living Culture experience. Get ready to immerse in the Aymara and Quecha Culture with its many distinctive flavors in weaving, living styles and respectful reverence to Mother Earth Pachamama.
- You will visit and stay one night in one of the floating Uros Islands. A real cultural experience where you will commune with this friendly Polynesian looking people. Learn about origins and culture.
- Go on a delightful 2-hour boat ride to one of the most interesting Islands of the Lake. Taquile is a 3,000 people community living like they did 500 years ago. Because the Taquile villagers are isolated in this beautiful tranquil Island its culture has been preserved as no other place in the world. There are no TV signals or internet in this place which makes it very pristine and magical.
DAY 1 Puno Arrival
Our professional driver will pick you up at the Inca Manco Capac International Airport located in Juliaca, Puno and transfer you to one of the 4-star hotels we work with located 1 hour away in Lake Titicaca.
Check-in and Lunch at the hotel (Not Included)
There are 2 airlines servicing this airport, Latam and Sky airlines. They both have morning flights from Lima. If you fly from Cusco you will be arriving in the afternoon, check-in will be done after Silustani activity.
Afternoon visit of Silustani
Sillustani is one of the largest necropolises in the world. Surrounded by a landscape of striking beauty, it stands out for its gigantic "chullpas" (stone towers), built by Collas and Incas in order to bury noble people. It is located 34 km away from the city of Puno and at an altitude of 3,840 meters above sea level.
The archaeological site of Sillustani is a cemetery that was built in the 12th century by the Qolla civilization that occupied the area before the Inca civilization begun. The most imposing towers were built for important nobles and priests. These ancient civilizations considered the cemeteries places of rest and rebirth, that is why they chose beautiful places to build their cemeteries and which is considered as sacred places. It is a magical place a unique landscape surrounded by mountains that are reflected in the Umayo lagoon.
Return to our hotel at Lake Titicaca.
Dinner and Overnight at the Hotel.
DAY 2. - Aramu Muru Gateway of the Gods and Inca Uyo temple of fertility.
Early pick up at your hotel and departure for Inca Uyo.
Inca Uyo is an archaeological site of cut-stone structures located near the town of Chucuito, Puno. Inca Uyo is an arrangement of phallus carved stones protruding from the earth within a walled rectangular ruin. The purpose of the site is still unknown, although some say it was an ancient fertility temple where fertility rites took place.
Lunch in the Village
Afternoon visit of the Aramu Muru portal or Hayu Marca. Aramu Muru is certainly one of the most mystical places in Lake Titicaca. At the sacred site, there is an enigmatic gate carved in a big stone located in the middle of the rocky formations, This place is a mystical energetic vortex very revered by many people around the World. The tour includes a short hiking around the area.
Return to your hotel
Dinner at the hotel
Day 3. - Uros Floating Island and Taquile Island
Early pick up at your hotel and. Our boat will pick you up at the hotel’s dock and depart for the Uros floating Islands nestled in Lake Titicaca.
A guided tour of one of the islands. Visit with Polynesian looking villagers and have a cultural exchange and get to know their ways of life and culture. Experience a very short boat ride in one of their boats made of reeds, explore their art crafts and textiles. On the way back from Taquile we will return to this Uros floating Island for a night stay to prepare for the best night of your life.
After visiting the Uros we take a 2-hour boat ride to the Island of Taquile. Your visit with the villagers of Taquile brings you back in time. A very well organized community has preserved its culture and heritage through the ages. Not modernized or touch by technology, they have the most unique lifestyle and culture. The men are fine weavers of marvelous textiles. UNESCO granted Taquile with the "Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity Award.”
Lunch in Taquile at the village restaurant.
Guided Tour and explanation.
Afternoon return to Uros Island for overnight.
Check-in at the Uros Island. Enjoy the stars as you stay on the island with some of the local villagers.
Day 4. - Return to LIMA
Early pick up and boat ride back to the City of Puno and van ride to the airport in. Juliaca. End of Tour.
2 night accommodations at a 4-Star hotel in Lake Titicaca. And 1 night accommodations at the Uros Floating Island.
Entrance fees to Aramu Muru, Silustani, Ayu Inca, Uros Island and Taquile(Only this day Lunch is included at Taquile).
Private transport to and from the airport.
Boat ride and van transport to all activities
Local, professional English speaking guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks at lunch and dinners, alcoholic beverages except for Taquile lunch on day 2.
OTHER INFORMATION AND CANCELATION POLICY
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Passport name, number, expiration date, and country are required at the time of booking for all travelers. Email picture of passport at email@example.com
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
For a full refund, please cancel at least 3 months in advance of the start date of the tour. 50% Refund anfter 3 months, no refunds72 hours before the tour.